The educator uses a range of techniques to help learners explore alternative possibilities for the future and to use these to consider how our behaviours might need to change.
The educator helps learners to…
- 5.1 Envision a range of possible or thinkable futures and their sustainability aspects; focusing near and far, moving flexibly between short and long term goals and perspectives
- 5.2 Recognise relations and possible evolutions between past, present, near future and far future worldviews, developments and actions
- 5.3 Think creatively and critically about possible futures, sharing and debating ideas, worldviews and possible evolutions
We have found this has strong links with the following competences: Systems; Innovation; Attentiveness; Action; Transdisciplinarity
In order to achieve the above Learning Objectives the educator should be able to:
- UC 5.1a Imagine a number of different future scenarios and consider whether they are sustainable
- UC 5.1b Understand how the world might change as we project into the future and how these changes might be considered from different perspectives.
- UC 5.2a See how changes that take place are linked to past actions and evolve over time.
- UC 5.2b Analyse and look for causes of change from different perspectives
- UC 5.3a Think creatively about possibilities for the future and critique suggestions
- UC 5.3b Share and debate ideas, suggestions and worldviews.