The educator acts in a cautious and timely manner even in situations of uncertainty and develops their learners’ ability to do the same.
- 12.1 Acts in a timely manner even when faced with unforeseen events, keeping in mind the precautionary principle
- 12.2 Takes decisions even in a context of dilemmas, uncertainties, contradictions and wicked problems in accordance with their values, being aware that postponing decisions and not acting is also a decision and helps learners do the same
- 12.3 Gathers information and considers various options while being open to alternatives and encourages learners to do the same.
We have found this has strong links with the following competences: Responsibility; Attentiveness; Transdisciplinarity; Action
In order to achieve the above Learning Objectives the educator should be able to:
- UC 12.1a Identify a variety of information sources and ensure that these present alternative options
- UC 12.1b Exercise good judgement and make sound and well-informed solutions based on pre-identified alternatives or known options.
- UC 12.2a Manage competing priorities and make effective and timely decisions addressing conflicting issues.
- UC 12.2b Make decisions with significant consequences and perceive the impact and implications of these decisions
- UC 12.3a Highlight the impact of different time-frames when addressing a problem.
- UC 12.3b Act promptly and with confidence when a situation requires a quick decision.